This is my favorite passage from Virginia Woolf’s Mrs. Dalloway and it graces the front cover of all my journals. Similarly, I’ve placed it here to announce my presence on the net, not so much as a mission statement or an indicator of the type of content you’ll find, but as a statement of principle: I write to capture what I notice and like about life.
Well, that’s not really all. I’m also interested in achieving my dream of becoming a full-fledged, published and recognized writer. To this end, this site will not only be whimsical romp of hey-nonny-nonny, but also a repository for writing samples and testimonials for those interested in hiring me to write. At the moment, however, while I work on filling up my writing portfolio, you’ll find musings on some of the following topics:
- Education and Teaching (I’m a 13-year veteran of the NYC Public Schools)
- Literature and Books (earned my MA in Literature from UC Santa Cruz)
- Music and Theater (I sing with MasterVoices (formerly The Collegiate Chorale), one of New York’s most prestigious vocal groups, and teach Dramatic Arts)
- Travel and History (a seasoned traveler who tends towards sites of historical relevance)
- Health and Fitness (a regular at the gym, and seen more and more running along the Hudson)
- Food and Wine (a kitchen adventurer and novice oenophile)
So welcome to my little corner of the internet — it’s not much, but it’s home.